At this point, I assume you already know the most important BrickBreaker Secrets to improving your high score:
- Your overall strategy should be to survive past the “Turn”
- You understand the ball speed changes
- You know the capsules inside and out
- You are comfortable with your BlackBerry settings and know how to pause a game in progress
- You know how to Walk the Dog
- You’ve familiarized yourself with every BrickBreaker level
Once you’ve passed the Turn, and it’s time to ramp up your score, here are a few secrets to scoring points as quickly as possible.
- Damaging a brick with the Laser nets you 20 points, compared with 10 points when you damage it with the ball. Destroy as many bricks as possible with the Laser.
- Each capsule is worth 50 points. Grab every capsule you can…even the Flip! (Exception: if you have the Laser and lots of bricks left to destroy, keep the Laser.)
- Hitting a brick with a Gun bullet gives you 50 points. Try to use the bullets on unbreakable bricks — that’s 50 points you wouldn’t otherwise get.
Another thing you should do once you’re past the Turn is practice. Take this opportunity to learn the opening moves on each level. Memorize where the capsules are. Learn how to cope with using the Flip. And so on. This way if you ever find yourself starting from the beginning of the game, you’ll be better prepared to make it past the Turn again.